I’m inspired by Ann Voskamp’s book, “One Thousand Gifts” http://onethousandgifts.com .
In it she writes down every little thing she is thankful for. I find her writing to be soulful and beautiful. In fact, I’ve decided to share what I’ve jotted down this week—just a few of the things that I am thankful and grateful for each day.
There are many more gifts, as Ann refers to them:
- Having sisters that are my friends
- Art and living so close to a ton of amazing galleries
- The beauty of being able to see the moon and the sun in the sky at the same time
- Feeling so happy just because-:)
- Words that come out of my ten year old son’s mouth
- My chocolate lab
- Yoga and my wonderful yoga instructors
- Steaming vanilla nut coffee
- Close friends who are always there for me . . . and even those who aren’t
- Fond memories of my fine and beautiful parents
- All the new and special people I've met
- Tomatoes fresh from my garden
- Butterflies that seem to be everywhere lately
- The sound of water flowing from a fountain
- My son kissing my cheek and saying "I love you mommy"
- The cool evening air against my skin
- Being at an outdoor concert swaying to great music
- Waking up to clouds blocking the ocean view . . .and feeling a little bit like heaven
- Lounging in bed on a Saturday morning
- Baking home made banana bread muffins
- Being able to love with all my heart
- Knowing that Life will always be fine and beautiful because I want it to be
- Colorful flowers
It’s hard not to feel fortunate and enjoy every moment of each day . . . even the tough days, and, of course, always choosing to find the bright side.
“The truth you believe and cling to makes you unavailable to hear anything new.” -Pema Chodron